Along with packing for travel, wondering what to wear and how to stay fashionable during travel days can be pretty tough. From hopping on a plane for a city break to a beach trip with the girls, we’ve got all the style tips and ideas you need.
What To Wear During Travel
Staying comfortable is the main priority during travel days. Long plane rides and car rides to and from the airport can span several hours or days. You need an outfit that can see through without breaking a sweat.
- Stretch leggings, luxe joggers and soft denim jeans are a failsafe option for maximum comfort. Look for a cotton and lycra mix.
- Wrinkle free fabrics are a good idea to keep your whole outfit looking chic and streamlined before and after car, plane or even boat rides.
- Temperature changes all the time during travel. Stay warm by bringing a sweater, leather jacket or trench coat in your carry on luggage.
- Depending on your luggage allowance, wear your most comfortable pair of shoes. Ankle boots are fine as long as they’re broken in and light on the feet.
Accessories To Bring For Travel
As well as getting your travel outfit right for the plane, a few accessories will save your sanity during travel. Here’s our list of essential items you need to bring:
- An oversized scarf is the perfect multitasker – cover-up, pashmina and blanket. Go for a wrinkle free fabric. Trust us, you won’t regret this one.
- A hat is a must have for travel, not only does it save it from being crushed in your luggage – it also doubles up as a hair saver.
- Socks are a necessity for long car, plane or bus rides. Go for anti-compression to stop your ankles from swelling during the plane ride.
- Jewellery – instantly brighten up your outfit with your favourite pieces. Wearing them as you travel means you save on the luggage weight too.
Bags And Luggage Ideas For Travel
Now you’ve got your travel outfit and accessories set, how to organize them all? Consider these bag and luggage ideas.
- A carry on with four wheels is a great option for storing your heavier essentials, laptop or change of clothes.
- Pop your passport, kindle, lip essentials and boarding pass into a cross body or shoulder bag.
- An overnight bag or duffle is also a great one to bring along to use as back-up luggage for shopping or extra weight when you come back from your trip.
Featured photo: Jean Wang’s neutral tones are classy, comfy and wrinkle free. We’re also loving her coordinating luggage and blush low suede ankle boots.
Sweater: BP, Jeans: Express, Bag: Sole Society: Hat: Sole Society, Boots: Sole Society, Suitcase: Brics
For a relaxed smart casual airport style, try pairing distressed jeans with a leather jacket and little black fedora. A hat will add endless authenticity to your look, and you’ll undoubtedly be in fashion wherever you fly to! Via Federica L.
Maja Malnar has mastered the art of travel style, in a cute and cosy knitwear outfit consisting of top and cardigan, paired with leather leggings and sneakers. A Louis Vuitton travel bag is also a must have for the fashion traveller!
Brands not specified.
Barbora Ondrackova stays chic and smart with a crisp white shirt and dark grey skinny jeans. We give her extra points for the fashionable slip on mules and structured hat.
Shirt: Topshop, Bag: Gucci, Mules: Avenue32
Marianna Hewitt goes for maximum comfort during travel– black leggings and designer trainers are a great option for still looking fashionable on the road.
Jessi Malay’s tiny cross body bag is perfect for having all the essentials to hand while the stretchy jegging jeans bring both style and comfort.
Looking chic with a structured leather jacket and handbag, Barbora Ondrackova dresses down her outfit with classic Chanel espadrilles.
Rollneck: Proenza Schouler, Jeans: Topshop, Jacket: Zara, Espradilles: Chanel, Hat: Topshop, Bag: Proenza Schouler, Suitcase: Rimowa
Julia Engel complements her luggage with an oversized tailored camel coat, matching belt and white jeans. Trusty pastel blue trainers and ponytail is also perfect for travel days.
Coat: Vince, Sweater: Ralph Lauren, Jeans: Frame, Sneakers: Nike, Bag: Goyard, Luggage: Steamline
Loose and comfy, the neutral colours of Ann Taylor’s outfit keep the look on trend. The scarf and jacket helps keep warm on the plane and the sunglasses are super handy for those make up free moments.
Shirt: Lamixx, Pants: Splendid, Sneakers: Isabel Marant, Sunglasses: Celine, Luggage: Tumi, Packable travel bag: Longchamp
Janni Deler’s classic white tee and denim jean is as a street style staple as well as a great choice for travel. This chilled out vibe is dressed up with a pair of cool shades and stylish designer handbag.
Top: Bik Bok, Jeans: Chiquelle, Bag: Gucci, Shoes: Senso, Travel bag: River Island
Head from the plane to the beach with Jean Wang’s summery travel look. The nude sandals and hat is flawless, complemented perfectly with her statement bag.
Hat: Sole Society, Shoes: Steve Madden, Sweater: BP, Suitcase: Brics
Lucy Williams looks stylish and trendy by layering monochrome colours and textures. We’re huge fans of the striped sweater and leather jacket as extra details, keeping this look from being too solid.
Jeans: J Brand, Fleece top: Sweaty Betty, Shoes: Gucci, Top: Saint James, Handbag: Mulberry, Suitcase: Eastpak, Necklace: Lucy Willians X Missoma
Bringing fun into her travel outfit, Sazan Barzani’s Mickey Mouse vest is too cute for words. Her white trainers and camel toned luggage is a perfect complement to her khaki jeans.
Top: Disney Couture, Skinny jeans: Topshop, Cardigan: Cotton on, Handbag: Mango, Sneakers: Puma, Suitcase: Henri Bendel, Duffel: Louis Vuitton
Elegant and classy, Blair Eadie’s all black look is dressed up even more with heels and red lipsticks. Perfect for stepping off the plane and straight into a restaurant dinner reservation.
Jacket: Burberry, Shoes: Christian Louboutin, Denim: Citizens of Humanity, Sunglasses: Celine, Luggage: Rimowa, Lips, Stila Beso
Thassia Naves does this season’s choker look travel style, adding a touch of glam with leather leggings and statement jewellery.
Pants: Balenciaga, Shirt: CD+, Coat: Ambicione, Shoes: Alexander McQueen, Glasses: Ótica Salatiel – translated from Portugese
Having to get from A to B can be exhausting footwork, so we’re loving Jean Wang’s flowy oversized cardigan and comfy flat pointed shoes.
Wrap: Boohoo, Jeans: J. Brand, Flats: BP, Tote: Prada, Luggage: DVF 24” Adieu, Necklace: Baublebar, Tee: Talbots
Barbora Ondrackova’s travelling style is distinctively casual, cool and comfortable. Teaming up a pair of ripped jeans, longline cardigan and boots, this is a look we love.
Shirt: Topshop, Jeans: Topshop, Sunglasses: Dior, Bag: Givenchy
Larisa Costea instantly smartens up her travel outfit with a cropped blue blazer and designer handbag.
Blazer: Reserved, Top: Shein, Jeans: Zara, Sneakers: Axel Arigato, Bag: Concept 15 Harper, Watch: Kapten and Son