It’s time for a serious spring clean of your wardrobe – out with your old faded blue skinnies, in with some summery white jeans. Beloved by some of the hottest models and members of the fashion pack, including Alexa Chung and Miranda Kerr, for their minimalist yet chic look, a pair of white jeans can be relied on to elevate and brighten up any outfit. Make the white jeans outfit your summer staple this year with some of our favorite ways to wear them.
Featured Image: White jeans will look super cute paired with a classic suede jacket, as shown here by Christine Andrew. Wearing contrasting colours will provide another dimension to your every day spring look, we highly recommend it!
Dress: Zimmermann, Shoes: M. Gemi, Jacket: Nordstrom, Jeans: Rag & Bone.
How To Wear White Jeans
For devotees of classic blue Levis, white jeans may seem like a step outside your comfort zone. Bright white jeans don’t blend in to any outfit – on the contrary, they stand out, drawing every eye in the vicinity to your ensemble. Here’s our best advice on how to make that plunge.
- Take some time to find the perfect fitting pair of white jeans. White naturally reflects the light, so a slim-fitting (but not skin-tight) style is flattering on all shapes. Or for a retro and leg-lengthening look, pick a pair of boot cut or flared white jeans.
- Denim may not seem work appropriate, but add a dark-colored silk blouse and you’ve got an office-friendly white jeans outfit. Don’t forget to add some heels to finish your ensemble!
- Cuffed white jeans are an effortlessly classy wardrobe piece for summertime strolls along the beach – and you can easily recreate this look by rolling up the bottom of your jeans. Wear with some deck shoes and a polo T shirt.
- For chillier days, a long coat can work surprisingly well with your jeans. Keep the look balanced with subtle accessories and finish off your outfit with a patterned silk scarf.
What To Wear With Your White Skinny Jeans
Celebrities and models alike are embracing a pair of skinny white jeans as their go-to everyday wardrobe piece.
- White on white is a guaranteed style success. Pair some distressed white jeans with a loose white T shirt or sweater, and you’ve got an outfit sure to make you stand out in a crowd.
- A leather jacket teamed with ripped skinny jeans is a look with some serious attitude – the contrast of black leather and white denim makes it extra striking.
- It’s never been easier to do double denim than with white jeans. Pair your skinnies with a slouchy, faded blue denim jacket and add some cowboy boots for the perfect low maintenance weekend outfit.
- Wearing neutral, muted colors with your jeans can make your overall outfit surprisingly elegant. Choose a grey or beige sweater and add some gold accessories for a finishing touch. The result? A subtle and effortlessly put-together look.
The Cropped White Jeans
There’s nothing better than a pair of cropped white jeans for keeping cool in sizzling summer heat. We’d recommend you pick a pair that skims a couple of inches above your ankle.
- Combine cropped white jeans with a floaty, floral top and some delicate sandals for a ladylike look.
- For an edgy and androgynous white jeans outfit, wear with a pair of study, lace up boots, a checked shirt and an oversized jacket.
- Stripes and denim are always a failsafe combo. A navy and white striped T-shirt with a pair of cropped jeans and matching navy heels is an elegant and timeless outfit. Add a pop of color with a contrasting bag in mustard yellow.
- Pastels and white are a super cute color combination for spring. Layer a cardigan in pastel pink or mint green over a white sleeveless top and wear with some ballet pumps.
With so many easy ways to wear them, there really is no excuse anymore not to add a pair of white jeans to your collection. How will you be wearing yours this summer?
Barbora Ondrackova pairs white jeans with an effortlessly chic grey coat, creating a sophisticated aesthetic which is perfect for any occasion! Wear a style such as this with minimal accessories so as not to take away from it’s stripped back, cool look.
Top: Topshop, Trousers: Mango, Coat: Zara, Heels: Buffalo, Bag: Saint Laurent.
Helena Glazer combines two of the hottest fall trends here; white jeans and distressed denim! Wear this look with a button down blouse to get that laid-back boyfriend style which we all crave!
Brands not specified.
Break up an all white look with a splash of cream or beige, like Valerie Husemann has in this super cute jacket. For the perfect finish to this style, wear closed toe sandals and a cross body bag.
Jacket: Edited the Label, Jeans: Zara, Shirt: Sincerely Jules, Shoes: Zara.
Bust the myth that white jeans are exclusively for summer, and wear a pair with a knit sweater and boots for a cool and casual fall look! We are loving the contrasting colours of Paola Alberdi’s outfit; there is no better way to wear this trend!
Jeans: Nobody Denim, Boots: Dolce & Gabbana.
Barbora Ondrackova is rocking this striking style consisting of white jeans, a shoulderless top with bell sleeve detailing, and a pair of nude heels to match nude accessories.
Blouse: Topshop, Jeans: Mango, Heels: Christian Louboutin, Bag: Valentino.
Keep a neutral colour scheme with white jeans to achieve Barbora Ondrackova’s elegant summer style. We love the combination of nude and beige to compliment the stark white of these jeans.
Top/Jacket: Zara, Jeans: Topshop, Heels: Christian Louboutin, Bag: Chloé, Hat: H&M.
Beatrice Gutu is a vision in this adorable preppy style, consisting of a striped sweater, white jeans, and matching white sneakers. Accessorise with neutral colours to get this authentic sailor girl look!
Outfit: Marks & Spencer’s.
Go all out this September and give the all-white look a try! Aimee Song demonstrates just how glamorous this style can be, pairing distressed white jeans with a plunging V neck top. Bring this look together with a leather belt to copy this awesome look.
Blouse: Helmut Lang, Belt: Mango, Jeans: Levis, Sandals: Celine, Bag: Hermes Birkin.
White jeans are an absolute summer essential! Try wearing a pair of high waisted jeans with a crop top and denim jacket to get Jessica R’s simple but elegant style.
Top: Revolve, Jacket: Madewell, Jeans: Bullhead, Bag: YSL.
Jessi Afshin has created a super cute summer look by pairing distressed white jeans with an off the shoulder denim top and fresh white classic converse. Try this look yourself for an achievable casual look!
White jeans are the perfect match to a statement printed top like this cute blue & white striped blouse from Banana Republic. Amy Jackson wears these two pieces with a pair of neutral coloured heels to achieve a simple but stylish summer look!
Top: Banana Republic, Jeans: James Jeans, Shoes: Stuart Weitzman, Clutch: Clare.
Try layering all white fabrics over white jeans like Merrick White to achieve this gorgeous and graceful style. We love the intricate details of this top, and the whole outfit just screams summer glam!
Blush pink is the ultimate colour choice to compliment a pair of white jeans! Everyone knows pink and white work a treat, and Helena Glazer proves it here in a gorgeous overcoat paired with matching heels, a white knitted sweater, and a pair of white jeans.
Denim: Paige Verdugo, Coat: Zara, Shoes: Stuart Weitzman.
Add some glam to your everyday white jeans look by matching a statement print item like this scarf, worn by Kat Tanita, with a simple black jacket and otherwise neutral accessories. We love this stylish and original look!
Jacket: Forever 21, Tank: Alexander Wang, Scarf: Sole Society, Jeans: Frame Denim.
Distressed white jeans are a trend! Jessica Stein is looking ultra alternative in these stylish jeans, with ripped detailing over the thighs adding a sexy edge to the look. Pair this style with a lace top and strappy stilettos to steal Jessica’s aesthetic!
Jeans: Nobody Denim, Top: Lover, Heels: Windsor Smith, Clutch: Clare Vivier.
If you’re looking for a smarter style, try pairing white jeans with a button up shirt and camel trench like Jean Wang! This look is sophisticated yet flirty; perfect for work or leisure wear!
Jeans: Articles of Society Jeans, Shirt/Jacket: Banana Republic.
Enhance your everyday denim look by switching your usual blue for a pair of white jeans. An all white look such as this by Julie Sarinana can be used to create a pretty and feminine style, though you can also add some edge to the look through studded heels and shades!
Brands not specified.
Katarzyna Tusk looks ultra casual here in a cute denim jacket and a pair of classic white skinny jeans. Nude and neutral accessories are the perfect match to this cute and easy spring look!
Jacket/Jeans: Mango, Boots: Zara, Top: GAP.
Why not try giving white flares a go? In a pair of wide leg white jeans and a plain pastel blue button up, Jacey Duprie looks stylish and alternative, attracting attention to her silhouette! We love this look for a sophisticated every day style.
Jeans: Frame Denim.
If you’re looking for a look which will give you a sexy and alternative edge, why not try copying Marianna Hewitt’s style and wearing distressed white jeans with a sheer white top! Additionally, a blush pink leather jacket is a great twist on a classic piece.
Coat: House of CB, Top: Revolve Clothing, Jeans: Topshop, Shoes: Tom Ford, Bag: She + Lo.
White jeans can also make a perfect match to a more formal top, like this striking monochrome off the shoulder piece worn by Kayla Seah. An elegant outfit like this is perfect for more formal parties and occasions!
Shirt/Bag: Rebecca Minkoff, Jeans: Rag & Bone, Heels: Jimmy Choo.
Andy Torres pairs her classic white jeans with an oversized vintage Ralph Lauren blazer; the perfect choice for a striking retro style! Throw in a pair of loafers and some wide rim sunnies to steal Andy’s look!
Jeans: DL1961, Shoes: Senso, Blazer: Vintage Ralph Lauren, Bag: Neri Karra, T-Shirt: ASOS.
A black blazer will make the ultimate contrast to a pair of white jeans! Jessica R. is looking super cute in this smart but casual style, which she has chosen to wear with a pair of open sandals for a more seasonal look.
Blazer: Sheinside, Top: Asos, Jeans: Pacsun, Bag: Prada, Heels: DailyLook.
Neutral colours are perhaps the perfect match to a pair of white jeans. Lisa D Cahue looks sophisticated and elegant in a pair of skinny jeans, worn with tan colour gladiator heels and a nude plunge neck top.
Jeans: J Brand, Top: Jeunesse, Shoes: Rag & Bone, Bag: Celine.
Looking for a cute and alternative spring style? Why not try the rocker girl trend! Megan Anderson is exuding rock chick vibes in this outfit, consisting of a leather jacket, a plaid shirt, and a pair of white jeans. Wear the look with chunky black boots to steal Megan’s style!
Jacket: All Saints, Top/Jeans: Aeropostale, Shoes: Oliver Clark, Shirt: Madewell.