How To Wear The Embroidered Trend This Season
Gucci has attached embroidery to bags and placed it on denim jackets. Motifs track down the legs of slim jeans, embellish the shoulders of cotton shirts and add a statement to satin bombers. So just how should you wear the trend and personalise your look? We have some suggestions that will position you right on trend.
- Choose a cotton poplin shirt with floral embroidery across the front. Wear it loose over a plain white tee and a pair of skinnies.
- On cooler days, pair an oversized sweater with a pair of jeans with floral motifs.
- Alternatively, try wearing an oversized hoody beneath an embroidered denim jacket. Complete the outfit by adding suede over-the-knee boots.
- Choose a simple black mini dress in velvet with a floral embroidered front. Team this with a pair of black block heeled booties or suede over-the-knee boots.
- For a classic combination with a twist, marry a crisp white shirt with a pair of embroidered high-waisted jeans.
- Look for embroidered sleeve details that reference this season’s military jacket.
- Wear a dark satin bomber jacket with embroidered back motif over a pair of cropped jeans and loafers. Add a small neck scarf to add a chic element to your outfit.
- Play around with the monochrome trend and go with one shade for top, coat and pants. Add embroidery elements to make the outfit pop.
Play With Textures To Add Interest To Your Embroidered Look
Playing around with the textures available this season will give your outfit extra texture and interest. Look at combining wool, cotton, leather, satin, velvet and denim to give your look a more individualised style. Whether you add texture for accents or as a focal point, your embroidery trend will be fresh and trendy this season.
- Add a faded denim jacket with embroidered flowers and butterflies over a feminine white cotton dress. Finish the look with a pair of black detailed ankle boots.
- Wear a woollen blazer, simple cotton tee with a mini leather skirt with embroidered flowers ready for the office.
- Choose a tailored black silk shirt to wear with an A-Line black velvet mini with a floral embroidered front.
- For a casual yet chic look, pair a light blue poplin shirt with floral motifs under a loose suede shirt and leather pants.
- Wear a satin bomber with embellished fish or flowers. Team with a pair of cut of jeans and a white tee.
The embroidery trend has tons of options available and we have selected some ideas to inspire you. How will you embrace the embroidery trend this season? We would love to hear how you adopt the look for your lifestyle. Whether you are off to work, a movie, gallery opening or Sunday brunches, there is a way to incorporate embroidery into your look. Work with the textures that are available to you to make a look that will see you at the front of the pack this season.
To add extra warmth for colder days and nights, look at the myriad of coat styles that are available this season. Choose well and this will help enhance your embroidered outfit, keep you on trend, and have the added advantage of keeping you warm!
Featured Image: Olivia Palermo has blended casual with a sophisticated edge that heroes her poplin embroidered shirt. Her cropped leather flares, brocade booties and suede overshirt, give this look a distinct edge to this season’s trends.
Cropped Leather Flares: Palermo x Chelsea 28, Floral embroidered poplin shirt: Zara, suede shirt: Tibi, Crystal heel booties: Sophia Webster, Pierce bag: J.W. Anderson.