How To Wear Frayed Denim
Frayed edges on denim is an easy, versatile style. It can also be paired up with a dressier ensemble.
- Pair your frayed jeans with more polished wardrobe pieces like a tailored blazer or a delicate silk blouse to stop your whole aesthetic becoming too DIY.
- Wear a pair of denim shorts with frayed edges with a striped top and some gladiator sandals.
- You don’t have to only go for jeans or shorts – a frayed denim skirt is a great all-purpose wardrobe piece. A longer pencil type denim skirt is a quirky and interesting addition to any outfit.
Creative Frayed Trends
It’s not just denim getting the tattered treatment – we’ve also seen shirts, skirts, and dresses of all fabrics.
- For summer, slightly frayed or fringed edges on a top are perfect for giving that laidback vibe. Choose a loose, white cropped top and pair it with a fedora, high waisted denim shorts and wedged sandals, for a look that’s sure to become your everyday summer staple
- Recently, frayed and fringed trims have not been confined to seams of skirts and trousers, as some brands have gone all out to produce some striking results.
- We’ve seen full on tassels on skirts and dresses, for a really unique and eye-catching look.
- An embellished frayed jacket makes for a fantastic statement piece. Wear it as a casual but edgy look with slouchy jeans and ankle boots.
Frayed edges on clothing are a perfect way to inject some laidback vibes into your summer wardrobe, and this style is so versatile it will always come in handy. How will you be wearing it this summer?
The featured photo: Mikuta could not look more chilled in this summer denim dress. A seemingly simple outfit is given a funky twist with its frayed edges, making this outfit an edgy look which we are obsessed with!
Dress: Steele, Shoes: Esprit, Bag: Ganni