However, we know that the slip dress isn’t an easy one to pull off. With its silky figure hugging design, it can be quite daunting trying to wear a dress which quite frankly looks like lingerie. But, have no fear, because we have some fabulous tips so that you can wear this definitive dress with a new found confidence.
Ways To Wear Slip Dresses
There are hundreds of ways to wear a slip dress but these celebrity inspired tips will have you rocking this iconic 90s look with a splash of 21st century pizazz.
- Discover your inner Kate Moss and team up your slinky number with a warm knitted jumper for those chilly winter days
- A pair of jeans. It may sound a little laid back but if you don’t feel comfortable wearing a slip dress all by itself, then adding a pair of skinny jeans over the skirt will give you a sophisticated two piece outfit
- Don’t be afraid to hide that waist, grab a belt, wrap it round the slip dress and show off your features
- Combine a short slip dress with an oversized shirt or blazer and top it off with a trilby hat to really set yourself apart from the crowd
- Wear it long. For an evening out on the town, nothing speaks glamour more than a floor length dress with a glitzy clutch
What Shoes To Wear With A Slip Dress
Again, this can be a tricky decision. If you’re opting for a short to midi length slip dress then we’d recommend avoiding strappy heels and going for something slightly more unexpected. Take a look at these alternatives for some inspiration.
- For comfy, happy feet, a pretty pair of flat pumps will complement your glamourous dress perfectly. Match it with wavy locks and natural make up for a flawless look
- If you’re after something a little more fashionista, try a pair of ankle boots completed with a denim jacket; you’ll certainly turn heads with this number
- Bring back the classic slip dress your way with some comfy sneakers
- H&M made catwalk headlines with their 2016 Winter/Fall collection recently, teaming a silk dress with knee length boots for a bold yet elegant appearance
So though the slip dress may seem like a daring addition to the wardrobe, it really can be worn in many, many ways making it a fashion must have this fall. What is your favourite way to wear a slip dress?
For a little more inspiration, take a look at how these fashion bloggers are styling their slip dresses this season.
Featured Photo: Lisa Olsson opts for layers this fall with a white t-shirt and baggy cardigan teamed up with some converse for a comfy day time look.
Shoes: Converse, Dress: Sisters The Label, Bag: Chanel, T-shirt & choker: ASOS here &here, Cardigan: Lindex.