Sportswear is definitely having a moment on the catwalks right now, and what better way to ease this trend into your daily wardrobe than with a bomber jacket? With its military fighter pilot origins, this jacket will instantly give you an injection of attitude. This season’s bomber comes in a daring range of colors and designs for those who care to adventure beyond the classic black look. And they don’t have to be ultra-sporty or masculine; we’ve spotted pink bomber jackets on the street and in store- perfect for recreating that ‘Pink Ladies’ throwback look. So how best to integrate this iconic piece into your wardrobe? Read ahead for some suggestions…
Spring Ahead This Season With A Bomber Jacket
Easy to layer over various outfits, bomber jackets are the perfect wardrobe fallback going into spring. And did we mention they’re super comfy too?
- For a no-fuss spring fashion look, style your bomber jacket with skinny jeans. Add a simple but luxurious loose tee, and you’ve got that “off-duty model” look nailed.
- When you do need to wrap up a bit, layer your jacket over knitwear. A longline sweater or a lightweight hoodie would look effortlessly chic and keep out any spring chills.
Keep It Casual
Simultaneously sporty and sexy, bomber jackets are a great way to dress down and give a too-girly outfit a bit of an edge. Nail the street-style look with these handy hints.
- Whether you’re festival-bound this year or not, wear your jacket with shorts for a laid-back vibe. Add a fedora at a stylish angle to enhance that Coachella look.
- Throw your bomber jacket over a print dress or playsuit and team with a pair of cowboy boots for a relaxed and summery style.
- For an outfit with some serious attitude, combine your jacket with a leather skirt or shorts.
Dressing Up Your Bomber Jacket
Traditionally bomber jackets may have been limited to casual wear, but this season streetwear and high fashion have well and truly collided. We’ve spotted some gorgeous silk and embroidered designs that wouldn’t look out of place at the hottest parties.
- Wear an oversized bomber jacket with a pencil skirt to look like a Fifties girl who has borrowed her boyfriend’s jacket. Tie a handkerchief-style scarf around your neck and add a dash of red lipstick to finish off this retro look.
- Choosing a jacket of a different material will instantly add a touch of class to any outfit. Throw on a black silk bomber over your favorite party dress and pair with some black heeled pumps, and you’ve got the perfect look for a night out.
With such a versatile item of clothing, there really are no fashion rules. Be brave and experiment – confidence and attitude are really all you need to rock this look. Let us know what worked for you!
Featured Image: Jacqueline Mikuta shows us how to wear a bomber jacket, pairing this black leather number with a pair of edgy combat boots and a slit detailed pencil skirt creating a totally badass look which we love!
Top: The Fifth, Skirt: BNKR, Bomber: Jack & Jones, Bag: Ganni, Belt: Dylan Kain, Boots: Esprit.