When you think about mini skirt outfits, do you think of the mod mini designs of the 1960s? Don’t worry, neon PVC mini skirts still remain a thing of the past. Nowadays designers are ushering in a whole new wave of contemporary mini skirt designs. Modern mini skirt outfits – whether for rock stars, princesses, or professional ladies – can now show off your lovely legs in a variety of unique and sophisticated ways.
In this article we’ll show you how to style mini skirts with stunning, contemporary looks, so read on to learn how to wear modern mini skirt outfits.
Style Tips For Denim Mini Skirt Outfits
Like denim, the mini skirt is not new, but the short hemline style in jean fabric is certainly finding its way back into the hearts of women everywhere. Take a peek below for multiple style tips on how to create beautiful outfits with a denim mini skirt as your starting point.
- Soft fabrics like cashmere, suede, velvet compliment any style of denim skirt with a warm touch – this is especially true for autumn and winter mini skirt outfits.
- Pair your denim mini with a graphic print top and bold-colored bangles and tights. Finish this mini skirt outfit with extra mascara and a nude lip to channel Andy Warhol’s 1960s model muse Twiggy.
- If the 1970s are more your style, buy a high-waisted denim mini skirt and top with a floral patterned blouse. Complete these mini skirt outfits with a brown or nude Mary Jane heel.
- Don’t shy away from denim on denim. With jean jackets and chambray button-down shirts flooding the modern market it’s best to mix lighter and darker washes.
- Keeping it casual? A plain white or black V-neck t-shirt pairs perfectly with your denim mini skirt outfits. Dress them up with a strappy heel and statement jewelry or down with gladiator sandals and your favorite sunglasses.
How To Wear Mini Skirts In The Fall
You may feel that mini skirt outfits should be reserved for sunny summer days, but they’re actually very transitional pieces. Mini skirts can be the epitome of autumn street style with chunky sweaters and motorcycle boots, or chic and professional with fitted blazers and thick tights. Here are a few ways to wear mini skirt outfits in the fall.
- First and foremost, mini skirt outfits were made for heels. Add extra definition to your calves and elongate those legs with a stylish pump or a long-line high heel boot.
- Don’t ditch the mini skirt, but do ditch the crop top. To stay stylish from summer to fall, pair your mini skirt outfits with warm wool sweaters and a belted waist or tight-fitting turtlenecks and trench coats.
- Feeling daring? Raise those hemlines with a flouncy skater skirt style and pair with thigh-high boots. Or, trade the boots for Oxford heels and knee-high socks.
- A white or blue button-down collared shirt can go a long way with a variety of mini skirt outfits. Pair with a blazer for the office, or a leather jacket for an alluring after-work look.
Now that you’ve learned how to style denim mini skirt outfits and how to rock a mini as the seasons change, it’s time to take a peek at some of our favorite looks below. Gaze upon stunning styles from chic to glamorous and from rebellious to flirty. There’s a mini skirt outfit for every mood just waiting to join your signature style. Let us know, do you think mini skirts are worthy of their comeback? If you do, what are your favorite mini skirt outfits to wear?
Featured Photo: Julie Sarinana displays a cozy, modern outfit that is fashionable and simplistic. Mini skirts are quickly becoming a cool alternative to skinny jeans to show off your legs in a stylish but casual way.
Mini skirt: Current/Elliott, Top: Aritzia, Purse: Chloe, Shoes: Chloe, Sunglasses: Illesteva