It’s time for a serious spring clean of your wardrobe – out with your old faded blue skinnies, in with some summery white jeans. Beloved by some of the hottest models and members of the fashion pack, including Alexa Chung and Miranda Kerr, for their minimalist yet chic look, a pair of white jeans can be relied on to elevate and brighten up any outfit. Make the white jeans outfit your summer staple this year with some of our favorite ways to wear them.
How To Wear White Jeans
For devotees of classic blue Levis, white jeans may seem like a step outside your comfort zone. Bright white jeans don’t blend in to any outfit – on the contrary, they stand out, drawing every eye in the vicinity to your ensemble. Here’s our best advice on how to make that plunge.
- Take some time to find the perfect fitting pair of white jeans. White naturally reflects the light, so a slim-fitting (but not skin-tight) style is flattering on all shapes. Or for a retro and leg-lengthening look, pick a pair of boot cut or flared white jeans.
- Denim may not seem work appropriate, but add a dark-colored silk blouse and you’ve got an office-friendly white jeans outfit. Don’t forget to add some heels to finish your ensemble!
- Cuffed white jeans are an effortlessly classy wardrobe piece for summertime strolls along the beach – and you can easily recreate this look by rolling up the bottom of your jeans. Wear with some deck shoes and a polo T shirt.
- For chillier days, a long coat can work surprisingly well with your jeans. Keep the look balanced with subtle accessories and finish off your outfit with a patterned silk scarf.
What To Wear With Your White Skinny Jeans
Celebrities and models alike are embracing a pair of skinny white jeans as their go-to everyday wardrobe piece.
- White on white is a guaranteed style success. Pair some distressed white jeans with a loose white T shirt or sweater, and you’ve got an outfit sure to make you stand out in a crowd.
- A leather jacket teamed with ripped skinny jeans is a look with some serious attitude – the contrast of black leather and white denim makes it extra striking.
- It’s never been easier to do double denim than with white jeans. Pair your skinnies with a slouchy, faded blue denim jacket and add some cowboy boots for the perfect low maintenance weekend outfit.
- Wearing neutral, muted colors with your jeans can make your overall outfit surprisingly elegant. Choose a grey or beige sweater and add some gold accessories for a finishing touch. The result? A subtle and effortlessly put-together look.
The Cropped White Jeans
There’s nothing better than a pair of cropped white jeans for keeping cool in sizzling summer heat. We’d recommend you pick a pair that skims a couple of inches above your ankle.
- Combine cropped white jeans with a floaty, floral top and some delicate sandals for a ladylike look.
- For an edgy and androgynous white jeans outfit, wear with a pair of study, lace up boots, a checked shirt and an oversized jacket.
- Stripes and denim are always a failsafe combo. A navy and white striped T-shirt with a pair of cropped jeans and matching navy heels is an elegant and timeless outfit. Add a pop of color with a contrasting bag in mustard yellow.
- Pastels and white are a super cute color combination for spring. Layer a cardigan in pastel pink or mint green over a white sleeveless top and wear with some ballet pumps.
With so many easy ways to wear them, there really is no excuse anymore not to add a pair of white jeans to your collection. How will you be wearing yours this summer?
Featured Image: White jeans will look super cute paired with a classic suede jacket, as shown here by Christine Andrew. Wearing contrasting colours will provide another dimension to your every day spring look, we highly recommend it!
Dress: Zimmermann, Shoes: M. Gemi, Jacket: Nordstrom, Jeans: Rag & Bone.