Give Your Outfit An Edge With Your Bold Grey Coat
There are endless coat outfits you can create by incorporating your grey coat. It’s a great color to wear to work, as its smart and professional. For your next day at work, opt for a long line coat and layer it over black culottes. Finish off your look with nude pumps, for the ultimate chic office attire. This look would work with either a black or grey coat but the grey will break up your outfit, to stop it from looking too dreary.
- For a casual day out with your friends, pair your light grey coat with jeans, boots and an oversized scarf.
- If you’re getting ready for a date then throw your grey coat over your dress for an elegant outfit.
- For another work outfit, coordinate a black pencil skirt and white shirt with your grey coat. Top off your look with red lipstick, to add a pop of color.
- To add a finishing touch to your outfit belt your coat at the waist.
How To Layer Like A Pro
Layering is crucial during winter but you don’t want to look like you’re drowning in fabric. Pair your oversized sweater with leggings or jeans and layer your long grey coat over the top. Complete your outfit with knee-high boots or chunky heels to elongate your legs. If you’re petite, then try picking a coat that is hip length instead of super long. A short grey coat is also flattering when belted to emphasise your waist. Wear it with a skirt or leather pants; this style will give you an hourglass shape for a gorgeous winter coat outfit.
- Layer a slouchy sweater over a white vest and black leather pants, finish off this look with your long grey coat, a beanie hat and combat boots for a stylish but comfortable outfit.
- For a smart, layered look, opt for a blazer coat and wear it over a turtleneck jumper, cigarette pants and add brogues for a chic Parisian-inspired look.
- If you want to dress up for the evening then layer a slip dress with a long cashmere cardigan and your coat for a sexy but cosy outfit.
Add A Pop Of Color
When styling your grey winter coat add a pop of color to your outfit to add some vibrancy. Red looks fabulous paired with grey and black; team your chunky red sweater with black skinny jeans and finish off your look with your grey coat and leather boots for the ultimate street style.
- If you love accessories then add a pop of color with a bold bag like Gucci’s fuchsia pink one from their recent collection.
- Pair an electric blue dress or top with your light grey coat, which will keep your look neutral.
- If your outfit is monochrome then make a statement with a bright attention grabbing pair of shoes.
- Coordinate your short, light grey winter coat with a blush colored vest or sweater, for a soft, feminine look. Finish off this outfit with a bright silk scarf, which you could even tie around your bag as seen on Tory Burch t satchel bags and the timeless Hermes Birkin.
How To Wear A Grey Overcoat Casually
With so many of us living such busy lifestyles it’s essential to find ways to feel comfortable yet confident in your style. Dressing casually is becoming easier, with more women embracing flats rather than heels and jeans instead of skirts. There are some smart pieces like your grey overcoat that you can dress down to get more wear out of.
- If you’re running around town, then embrace the sporty aesthetic by wearing a black vest, sports leggings and sneakers with a cross body bag and your grey overcoat.
- When meeting your friends, you probably want to be comfy so wear a military knit dress with tights and long suede boots, let your coat finish of your outfit.
- If you’re a denim lover, then pair your denim shirt and jeans with your coat and leather boots for a retro casual look.
Whatever your winter coat style consists of, this season you should give grey a go. You will be surprised at how versatile your grey coat can be. Let us know how you plan on wearing yours.
The featured photo: Annabelle Fleur adds a pop of color to her outfit with her chic, lipstick red Louis Vuitton backpack. She keeps the rest of her outfit casual and neutral.
Coat: Acne Studios, Bag: Louis Vuitton, Jeans: 3×1, Bodysuit: Protagonist, Shoes: Dorateymur