It’s official: the leather jacket is back for 2016 and it’s cooler than ever before. In January, Vogue’s first issue of the year breathed new life into this classic, featuring model of the moment Gigi Hadid on its cover, leather-clad and looking amazing. It’s unapologetically brash and bold, a piece which takes any outfit to the next level. Rebellious, versatile and undeniably cool, if there’s one rule in fashion, it’s that everyone ought to own a leather jacket. Read on to find out how we’ve been styling them.
Leather Jackets: Casual Spring Looks
This spring, a leather jacket and some skinny jeans are all you need to nail that off-duty model look. And you can also step away from the traditional black biker and choose a bright or pastel color, for a more quirky twist on the leather jacket outfit.
- Layer your leather jacket over some cozy knitwear to ensure you’re ready for any weather. A slouchy jacket, with a loose jumper and some boyfriend jeans, is the epitome of casual cool.
- Wear your jacket with ripped skinny jeans, a beany and an oversized scarf for a comfy but chic everyday ensemble.
- Hitting the gym? A leather jacket thrown over some black leggings and sneakers will ensure you are paparazzi-ready on your way there.
- A beige leather jacket is laid-back but stylish. Wear it with a pair of white trousers for an easy, breezy look that’ll easily take you from brunch to the boardroom.
- For the ultimate in dressed-down, casual cool, accessorize a pastel leather jacket with ankle boots and a fedora, another trend that’s huge this season.
Effortlessly Cool Black Leather Jacket Outfits
You can’t go wrong with a classic, iconic black leather jacket. Here are some ideas for an outfit with an edge.
- A black leather jacket with an all-black ensemble will always make an impression. Don’t be afraid to ramp up the toughness of this look. Keep your jacket zipped right up and wear with skin-tight black jeans or leggings. Team with some chunky, block-heeled boots for maximum attitude.
- Dare to go double leather with a tight leather pencil skirt or trousers. A heavy coat of black mascara finishes off this bold look. This outfit is certainly not for the faint hearted!
- Sunglasses, a biker jacket and a form-fitting dress equal a sexy and sophisticated look that’s sure to turn all eyes in your direction.
- For a striking, color-popping look, contrast your black jacket with a pair of bright trousers.
Go Glam With A Leather Jacket
If you’re thinking of adding a leather jacket to your collection, but you’re more of a girly girl, don’t hesitate. We’ve got you covered with these sophisticated and elegant leather jacket outfits.
- Wear a cute floral dress under your jacket for a softer, girly look. Add some ballet pumps and a statement necklace to finish off this ladylike outfit.
- Combine a black jacket with an A line, knee-length skirt in pink or red. This is an ultra-feminine ensemble for a 50s inspired vibe. Add some matching sky high heels to finish off your outfit.
- Leather and lace is a combination that seems to go together as well as chalk and cheese but trust us, it really can work. A black lace dress with matching bomber jacket will look simultaneously elegant and edgily modern.
- Toughen up a feminine maxi dress by throwing a leather jacket over it – an easy-to-wear look that’s sure to become your summer holiday staple.
Whether you’re going for a casual, sexy or glamorous look, the leather jacket is a perennial classic that will always add some urban edge to your outfit. Which way will you be wearing yours?
Featured Image: Leather jackets don’t only look good in classic black! A blush pink jacket like this one worn by Paola Alberdi will look a treat paired with skinny jeans and a simple grey knit sweater to create the ultimate spring style!
Jacket: All Saints, Sweater: Barney’s New York, Jeans: Shoptiques.