Elegant and sophisticated, a trench coat can complete any look. Here’s how to put together the perfect outfit.
Trench Coat Outfits To Make You Stand Out From The Crowd
It may sound like a fashion cliché, but trench coats truly never go out of style. Conjuring images of a rain-soaked Audrey Hepburn in ‘Breakfast at Tiffany’s’, they are the byword for old school glamour. Throwing on a trench coat just makes you look effortlessly put together, and they’re perfect for that awkward spring – summer transition. The most recognizable version is the Burberry trench coat, a classic that’s been refined over the years and can reliably be spotted on many A list stars. Trench coats are also available all over the high street, but this is one item we’d recommend investing in, as it really will last you forever!
How To Wear Your Trench Coat
The classic beige or khaki trench coat is incredibly easy to style, as it finishes off almost any outfit. Here are some timeless ways to wear yours for a sophisticated look:
- An all-black outfit combined with a camel colored trench coat is a simple but chic look. Accessorize with understated jewelry to keep your outfit minimalist yet stylish, or you could add some colorful shoes for an eye-catching contrast.
- Bare legs, boots and a beige trench coat are a killer combo for effortless sex appeal. Perfect for when you really want to impress on a date!
Trench Coat Outfits: Bold Designs
Bring your trench coat bang up to date with an adventurous color or design, or mix up the rest of your outfit with some clashing items.
- Patterned trench coats can work if you keep the rest of your outfit relatively subtle. A black or cream T-shirt or a dress in neutral tones won’t distract attention away from your statement trench.
- Combine your trench coat with a deliberately casual and dressed-down outfit; a pair of ripped jeans and your favorite comfy sneakers. Wear your trench coat loose and unbuttoned. The whole look should be carefree and playful, as if you’ve just thrown on the first things you’ve found in your closet.
Pretty In Pink: Cute Trench Coats For Spring
For those days when the sun finally makes an appearance, choose a trench coat in a light, pastel color. Pale pinks, cream and mint are all perfect for a pop of color that will instantly put a spring in your step.
- It doesn’t get much more summery than a light pink trench coat. Combine with an all-white outfit to look like you’re just stepping out for a stroll on the French Riviera.
- Team your outfit with a pair of oversized sunglasses and some strappy sandals.
- A cream-colored trench combined with a floral summer dress is perfect for those longer, warmer days. We’d recommend choosing a dress slightly longer than the trench coat so it slightly peeks out, showing just a hint of the pattern.
With so many ways to style it, the trench coat is an enduring classic that deserves a permanent place in your wardrobe. The only question: have you bought yours yet?
Featured Image: Add some cool and casual vibes to your trench coat look by accessorising with a NY Yankees cap or a pair of metallic sneakers, like Federica L! This laid back style is perfect for every day wear all year round!
Trench/Jeans: Bershka, Shirt: Pop My Dress, Shoes: Nike.